Monday, April 15, 2013

Drawing Sessions

 charcoal on 11"x 17" smooth newsprint

   click on pick for sharper image
                       

For many years I have attended figure drawing sessions once a week. Many successful artists continue this practice throughout their entire careers. The above charcoal drawing is from one these drawing sessions.It is important for an artist to continually draw from life (nature), photographs and his imagination if he would like to improve. I find it a good practice to draw the model from memory at home after attending a drawing session. Drawing from your memory will help you to retain some of the knowledge you acquired from the model.The axiom is: if you can’t draw, it you really don’t understand it. I draw from my memory or imagination to find out how little I really know….























No comments:

Post a Comment